November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Tomorrow will be a big day for family and friends. My day will start by getting up and having a cup of coffee then making the salad for the dinner at 1pm. Around noon  20 people or so will be coming over with the turkey, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie.
Making the salad will only take about 30 minutes, and then off to the track to jog and exercise doing a circuit training, a 45-minute workout is appropriate for today.
Next, I will come home and eat something light since I will be eating in about three hours.
 My husband wanted me to bake his favorite chocolate chip cookies so that is what I will be doing for the next hour. In-between baking cookies I will be spending time with Sam my dog and my two daughters. Time flies when you really not on a schedule so it would probably be smart to start getting ready for the dinner party. Finding something nice to wear is actually fun since I share clothes with my two daughters, we all wear the same size. 
Salad - Fruit Compote
1 small package of vanilla instant pudding
1 small hand full of tapioca pudding
2-20 oz. cans of pineapple chunks in own juices
1 15 oz. can of mandarin oranges
1 small package of strawberries (about 12 strawberries)
1 ¼ cup of pineapple juice
1 ¼ cup of orange juice
3 bananas

12 strawberries or more
In a medium sauce pan place the juices in with the puddings, turn on the stove about low-medium and stir until the puddings get thick (stir frequently so pudding doesn’t stick to pan and burn).
Set pan aside until the pudding cools, slice the strawberries and bananas to bite size, add the fruit. Make sure you cover the bananas with the pudding to prevent browning.
Serves 12 people.
God bless you all,
Lucille

Popular Posts